Ever wondered how you can make your community even better?
There are so many ways to support your community and get something out of it too - here's just a few of our ideas:
1. Use your skills to help others – everyone has something they can do, no matter how simple, and someone can help you back with something you need. Check out Fair Shares Community Time Bank or ask at your local community centre.
2. Get to know your neighbours – share ideas, be there to listen or just say hello, you never know when you might need each other.
3. Volunteer – it makes you feel good whilst helping others and doing vital things for your community.
4. Join local groups – build something, learn something, teach something, try new ways of doing something, make friends and help your community to thrive.
5. Want to influence decisions? Join local residents’ groups, lobby decision makers and help create community plans. You can get your voice heard!
Gloucestershire Gateway Trust are proud to support a number of community partners who can help you to get involved in your local community, help others and meet people, please check them out, you might just feel inspired!